Here at Hinton Alliance we believe in being the hands and feet of Jesus reaching out in our community and beyond.
We have dedicated teams doing Outreach through:
- Community Meal: Every Thursday from 5-7pm, we offer a free meal where all in the community are welcome.
- Celebrate Recovery: A Christian 12 step program to heal from Hurts, Habits and Hang-ups. Thursdays 7-9pm. Babysitting provided. Connect Cafe and fellowship time follows the session.
- The Breakdown: Drop in for games, food and fellowship on Saturdays from 4-8pm. There is often an Alpha course offered within the gathering time.
- Street Ministry: A Thursday afternoon outreach to people who are unhoused in Hinton
- Food Bank - Each month we make a request from the congregation to donate a certain food to Food Bank. We have members who deliver the food, do food pick up from local grocery stores and also volunteer in the Food Bank.
- Hot Dog Lunch - Thursdays, the high school students can come for a Hot Dog, bag of chips and a drink for a Twoonie.
- Pine Valley and Mountainview Centre - We minister to our in-residence seniors every five weeks. A team goes in to do Praise & Worship and share the Word.
- Canada Day - We do a parking lot event before the Canada Day Fireworks where we offer food and activities for community members coming to the display.
- Appreciation- Once a year we do something special to show appreciation to our Police Officers, Fire Fighters and Emergency Services Personnel.
PROVINCIAL, NATIONAL, INTERNATIONAL OUTREACH
- Provincially we support Camp Nakamun
- Nationally we support Global Advance (The Alliance Canada Missions program) and One Hope Canada
- Internationally we support Place of Rescue (Cambodia)
- Missionary connections: Dave & Jen, MacKenzie Nichol, Bob & Karen, and Caitlin
- New Ministry connections are currently being developed in North Africa. More to come on this venture.